Tuesday, September 11, 2007

last thursday i was invited out to vic's for lunch and some crafty creativity. her whole dinning room table was covered with lots of goodies. such a fun time~hot to meet vic's cousin paula, finally. she is a very creative lady. must run in their family! :) this is my little project from thursday. a canvas with a picture of my parents on it.
these candlesticks were a gold/green/red and cream combo!YUK! why did i buy them? who knows, i guess just so i could re-do them and paint them an antique white. ;)


here they are now sitting on my great-grandma's table. i like them much better now.love how the sun was shinning in the windows this morning.that big acorn is mercury glass, love it too!



look at this big old hawk sitting on our neighbor's birdbath!!! he seemed fairly tame, cause i got pretty close to him and he just looked at me and then looked away! i thought hawks were predators and mean? i think they are, maybe he was on the "hunt"but, decided to take a break and have a drink of water....kinda creepy to me!



have a nice day!


2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Ah... that hawk is crazy! I've never seen them in town. wierd! love the candle sticks!
I had to laugh when you said that was "my" table , I had to go back and look again... It's so covered, I didnt even recognize it. lol
That was a fun day, and your canvas turned out great!

Terri said...

Hey, I have those candle sticks and I LOVE them!!!! Had to give you a hard time about that, Sissy!!