Saturday, November 24, 2007

just some random stuff today,not too much going on around here. i got this "s" fromwww.http://www.sayitwithletters.blogspot.com/. deb damboise has lots of different font styles in the letters and some fun ideas too. these are really high quality letters. not flimsy at all. anyway, i got this and painted it white and used rub-ons to decorate it along with a couple of vintage buttons and some black ribbon. i was inspired by rebecca sower's "s". she is one talented gal!
this sweet little santa dish was only $2.00 at the local walgreen's drugstore. isn't it cute?
my mom brought me a sample of her cranberry dream bars and the recipe when she was here Thursday! nice huh? they are really good and easy to make. here is the recipe:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour,divided
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar 1 cup butter,softened
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 tsp.salt
1 bag or 3 cups fresh cranberries,coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a large bowl,combine 2 cups flour,the confectioner's sugar &butter.Mix with a fork until mixture starts to hold together. Press into the bottom of a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan.Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven.Meanwhile,in a large bowl,combine eggs,granulated sugar,salt& the remaining 1/2 cup flour;mix with wooden spoon until smooth.Fold in chopped cranberries.spread mixture over the hot crust&bake for 32-35minutes. Enjoy!!! :)



jill(dd) brought me some books to read. i love to have at least 2 or 3 at a time. this should hold me for a bit!


have a nice evening!


Hi: quick note on the above recipe, it is 2 1/2 cups of flour, divided. I changed the recipe's wording, so i hope that helps to clear things up. thanks to fran, for bringing this to my attention!

4 comments:

MJ said...

I'm a bit of a fan of Mr Brown's books. I read that one a long time ago; enjoy!

Fran M said...

I'm a little confused with your recipe - your instructions say to combine flour, conf. sugar and butter. Later on you say to add remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Your ingredients list called for 2 1/2 cups of flour. Do you mean to add just 2 cups of flour for crust and use the 1/2 cup for the filling, or was there supposed to be 2 1/2 cups used for the crusts and an additional 1/2 cup for the filling?

deb said...

Fabulous!! Thanks so much for linking to us. I just love what you did with your Juicy letter. xo

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh, you'll love the Kathy Reichs novel...I like her better than Patricia Cornwell!!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog today. I truly appreciate it!

Linda