Wednesday, October 10, 2007

i'm still "nesting"! i wanted to paint this table for awhile now. bud(dh) made it for me ten or so years ago and i decided it was time to put some new life into it along with the frame of the mirror that hangs above this table in our front entry. so with that said, that i,me,moi, was going to do that this week,guess what? my honey decided to do it for me!! that is very sweet and i'm grateful, but, i wanted a project to do,myself, oh well...i told him also that i could put a coat of primer on while he was at work and he said oh no, i'll take care of it. hmmm, anyway, my project is now his i guess.i'm not complaining mind you, i should have known better than to open my mouth cause that is what he does,always wants to help me out. he's a sweetie that way.... what to do about this clock....it hangs downstairs in the basement and i keep thinking i need to bring it upstairs to the family room and do a vignette of some sort with it. it's a very old seth thomas clock that bud's dad gave me. he was tearing down this old house oh probably, 25 years ago and found it still hanging on the wall. he asked if i wanted it knowing that i love and loved even back then old/vintage things.i did want it and have used it in lots of different areas of our home since then. now i want to incorporate it again. i guess i'll just take it upstairs and set it in different spots to see where i like it best!

have a nice day!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Chat with Vicki about how to prepare the surface of the clock for paper-based art! (I don't think you do folk-art but my first reaction was to paint it with an antique white background, a thin gold rim and roses around the exterior). Lucky you that your husband volunteered to do the table ~ perhaps your contribution to the table will be adding painted details (stencils?)!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Bud's a good guy!
Ilove that Clock!