Wednesday, January 23, 2008

our new bedroom wall color is finally on along with the new toile bedding and brown velvet curtains and a brown throw. it's so relaxing and calm..... it's been a long journey to get here! ha!


after almost eleven years in this house i think i finally have gotten our bedroom walls/color right!!!!!!!!!! when we first moved in the room was a barely blue with a navy blue striped border. so i had to put my mark on it with a americana heart border. that was ok, for awhile but, i kinda over did the whole americana decorating throughout the whole house,so needless to say the americana decor in the bedroom did not last long AT ALL!! ;) then it was on to the over bright yellow walls with blue and red bedding! that didn't cut it so i changed the curtains to black and white checked. and that worked for me for five years but, now this has finally,finally "hit" me! i LOVE it so much,the color that is and i'm very happy with it. so is bud,poor guy, come to find out he hated the yellow but, never said anything cause i "liked" it(lol) and i was struggling with the room from day one! i usually figure things out fairly quickly as to what i like, but, this wasn't one of those times! i'm finally there now tho....yeah! it will be this way for a very long time now, i know that and i'm sure it makes my hubs happy too because he's told me several times that he likes this color and that it looks good! thanks honey for putting up with me and my decorating woes! were finally there!!

2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

It looks beautiful Deb!!! I personally loved the yellow also..but I can certainly see that this would be much more calming for a bedroom. Gorgeous colors!!

MJ said...

That's so humourous how you have transitioned from one decorating process to another! I often seem to do the same myself and think "this is it" but then discover it is a passing fantasy and off I am contemplating what mischief to do next!