Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial day weekend is here

and time to think of all our veteran's living and gone....this is my dad,taken when he joined the navy back during wwII. he was so proud to be in the service of our country. he joined up right after high school,so young and eager to go and serve his country. my poor grandparents, had lots to worry about i suppose because my uncle was in at the same time. they both made it thru it okay. my mom's brother was in wwII also. he saw alot of action as he was on iwo jima. he made it thru also,thank goodness. a small bokay of lilies of the valley.they smell wonderful!
my irises are going to finally bloom! i didn't even think i would get any this year. i know i had a photo of this the other day,but, with all the rain it is even more beautiful! have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, isn't your dad so cute when he was little more than a baby! Thanks to him and my dad and others like them, we live in relative security!

Your lily of the valley is so gorgeous and the photo is so good I can almost smell them!

Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs,
Liv

Vicki Chrisman said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I've been working in mine this weekend. ( no snakes yet..but I'm still nervous) eeek