Wednesday, June 27, 2007

been thinking alot about my dad this week, as it has been thirteen years ago (this week) that he passed away. i have been wanting to take a photo of the bracelet and heart he made for my gram while he was away in the navy during wwII. sorry about the blurry photo.the bracelet is made out of old coins from australia . i really think i should get some silver polish on that so i can see the writing better! :) not sure what the heart is made out of,some type of acrylic? did they have acrylic back then?? hmmm i guess i should try and find out! this sweet lamp sat on my gram's dressing table in her bedroom. she gave it to me along with the heart and bracelet probably when i was 11 or 12. i only plug this in for a very short time as i don't know if i could ever find or want to find a replacement bulb. this picture doesn't do it justice at all but, at least you get the idea. the flowers light up pink irl, not this orangey color. every time we(parents) moved i carried this with me wrapped up in a towel. and when i got older and was on my own and married, same thing! when we moved here it was very well protected in the car with me and not in the truck with our other stuff! it would break my heart if something ever happened.ok, sorry i get so sentimental(sappy) sometimes! :)
cully is checking things out! what a character. love this little guy, he is so cute and good for several laughs a day!


we put our little lights up tonight. love how they look!


have a nice evening!!







2 comments:

MJ said...

I think it is lovely how sentimental & how special these items are for you. K was looking at your blog with me & says, "I'm going to visit Deb"! Thought you'd get a kick outta that! Have a good weekend!

Vicki Chrisman said...

That is so cool Deb! I have seen the lamp but not the necklace. That lamp is GORGEOUS!
Cully is crack'n me up in that photo!!! lol