Friday, June 1, 2007


well, i'm back to "having" to like my fake peonies better cause this rainy weather has really taken it's tole on the real ones. they are hanging/laying on the ground! sooo, i put this glittery star on the vase hoping that would help.and i guess it does! how appropriate is my other good buy? (rainy weather)another french poster that i got soo reasonable! yep you guessed it $2.00! if you see this dear mj, what does it say in english please? ;) merci!
thinking about putting this tin 2 in my kitchen with a big clock next to it or under it or something....not sure yet. just testing it to see if i like it before i pound any nails. trust me i have learned my lesson with quick judgement on stuff like this. somehow the wall always looks better with less holes in it! ;)




yesterday my dear friend vic dropped my brown apron by that i purchased from her. isn't it great? she had it all packaged so nice. tied with white ribbon and a darling little clothespin that she had stamped "for you" on! that girl is so talented,plus she does great details! i'm so lucky to call her friend for sooo many reasons. lucky me huh? yep!! that's right!
have a nice day!



3 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

I know... I dont think this is a good year for peonies. Bummer...because I love them so much also.

I'm glad you like your apron, it is SO cute! I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyment out of it!

MJ said...

Parapluie revel is quite an unusual combination. Parapluie is an umbrella but the revel is based upon a verb "to disclose, give away, reveal or make known". So, a literal translation would be a revealed umbrella? My dictionary wasn't more specific! Sorry!

"Dustmop" Mark Cheney said...

Here's what I found: (to be honest, I'd never heard of "Parapluie revel", so I had to go to Google to learn more!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_Parapluie-Revel_mean:
Parapluie Revel is (Parapluie is the french word for umbrella and Revel is the family last name) the name of a french umbrella company which doesn't exist anymore. This is the company of my family. It was created around 1850 by my great, great, great grand father in the region of Lyon. The company closed its doors in the 80's because of the rise of cheap umbrellas. There were factories in French Indochine and in Maroco.

I see it's also on a poster (perhaps your dad knows if that was the ad??):
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Parapluie-Revel-c-1922-Posters_i3909597_.htm

--> "revel" - "revel" is not a word I'm familiar with in French; however, "révéler" is French for to show/to display, so I think that's where the "revel" comes from. From the above, it looks like "Revel" comes from the family name, but it's interesting to note that "revel" is related to "display".

Hope that helps!

Per French Teacher at OSU Oregon